Readers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Relationships.

This morning i overheard my friend telling her boyfriend on the phone -"Baby, I'm so sorry,had gone to take a bath. Sorry couldn't inform you. Hope you didn't get too worried."
For a couple of seconds I thought I heard it wrong but the - jaanu, and the babbbiiiee and sorry that followed made my doubts disappear . I could have shot her or killed myself.
Actually,it made me wonder if this is what relationships are supposed to be like. And by relationship I mean - a boyfriend girlfriend relationship.A feeling of love in the relationship. some of you might think its a "grapes are sour" kind of feeling for me , let me clarify and tell you its not.
I personally hate the questions "would you date me.?". I simply don't like the idea of asking that question because its not like your asking someone to marry you. Why do u need to date a person to be liking that person? Why not just stick to confessing your love for each other. Its not like you will feel any less if the girl says no or vice versa.
Another thing i just don't get is how you can be informing each other about every single thing you do all day . I mean you have to inform him/her bout you going to take a bath,or that you sneezed or you are having lunch and go ahead to describe exactly what you had too. Trust me such people do exist and I'm sure 50 % of the people who read this, behave this way. They will get worried if their girlfriend/boyfriend do not pick their phone up or reply to their message every 30 seconds.Dude,leave your "better half" alone for a while, let them breathe. Even parents don't do that anymore.
Then their are girl friends- the crying kinds - who will cry at the drop of a hat. They will cry if their guy does not get time to eat food, or return their call in 5 minutes . How can you cry about this. Your boyfriend will not die if he skipped that one meal and has it ever crossed your mind that maybe he was just busy and thats why he couldn't call you.
"you cant wear sleeveless" kind of guys- these guys will not stop drooling at women who wear less clothes but the minute their chicks wear something that is sleeveless or maybe a skirt they will be the biggest jerks and scream and shout at their girlfriends for wearing revealing clothes Some women find this to be sweet and very adorable and a gesture guys use to show that they care. I think its just stupid. Let the girl decide what she wants to wear dude. she is old enough to.
Anyway, I got carried away and started talking about what annoys me. See, relationships at our age is supposed to be chilled out and relaxed . Simply, you like a guy and he likes you and you guys like spending time together. It shouldn't matter if you cannot talk all day or inform each other about how many times he/she sneezed. You need to have that trust to know that he she loves you and he/she does not need to tell you that every 30 seconds. In fact if you told them you love them once in a while it would mean much more to them. Its supposed to be a beautiful and happy feeling. It might be painful sometimes but in the end its worth it. (And no,I do not mean it in a perverted sense!) It need not be shown to the world , or bound by this "relationship" status. People can be in this relationship without even expressing to each other how they feel ,because its something they both understand.Saying sweet nothings to each other does matter , But over doing it is just painful.
I think the simpler it is kept the better it works.

8 comments:

Phewww said...

khe khe khe... nice one.. :D

even i was like tat to b frank.. :) see its not cuz tat we dont wanna leave them alone... its cuz we need them with us al the time..
see it tat way.. :D

n u ll get to know abt this, maybe, when u fall in love n when u get so possessive abt ur lover.. :D

mayb u r an exception.. but thr r ppl like tat..its not their mistake.. cuz they r in love..u jus cant control ur mind then...

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

A wonderful thought provoking post,

Yvonne.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

I got the point. And you are right, everybody needs space to breathe. And guess what they crib afterwards when the vanity in the relation fizzles out a bit? You don't care for me anymore. :P
Tell them to let other person breathe without SMSing about every single breath they take,

Nice post.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺ said...

Very nice post...and the examples you used to convey your thoughts are good.

Happy Blogging!

DiDo said...

I'm with u on this sunakshi...i hate these nagging types...wear this n that...dont sneeze..dont talk to him...y r u sitting tht way... etc etc

This is over possessiveness....which ultimately lessens the love.

Phewww said...

hey..thanks for droppin on my blog too..

n i couldnt recognize ur blog u see.. i think u changed ur blog title.. :D

n u know abt shares? tats cool.. :D mayb we can help each other.. u-theory part; me-practical part.. ;)

Unknown said...

I love ur writting skill....keep going ...i also believe to make relationship....!!!

welcome...

Jai HO mangalmy HO

Ritika said...

Nice one!

I have noticed dat in metro! Its aweful! :) Nice to see you writing about it! :)

*★.• The moment you get attached to things you screw it up! The challenge of life is to appreciate everything and attach yourself to nothing. *★.•
This blog is my private territory.The content posted here do not represent your life or perspective- just mine.Your disagreement, irritation at any content posted over this blog doesn't give ample ground for you to post nasty,bitchy messages/comments.Furthermore I'm free to post anything i pleases to, which is not under any copyright restrictions,so you can't squeal until it's your own stuff.