Readers

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

You Are Braver Than You Believe

“If ever there is a tomorrow when we’re not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you.”
-Winnie the Pooh

Perhaps the most compelling quote ever credited to a portly cartoon bear.a montage of memories flashed before my eyes and something inside began to hurt.It was then that I caught myself subconsciously wishing things were the way I wanted them rather than the way they were meant to be. But then of course, I immediately gave it a second thought and realized what an ABSURD thing that was to be thinking and I scolded myself. Though I rarely intend to, sometimes I wish things had turned out differently… because I can’t help but wonder.So often I scornfully catch myself wishing for things I don’t have, or at least things I don’t have any right wishing for. Sometimes I wonder who I would’ve been, had past journeys been steered down different roads and headed in completely different directions. Sometimes wondering can get you into trouble because it’s often the case that you find yourself, by some mysterious form of inherent rationale, believing that you, or your life, would’ve somehow been better off, had things turned out differently. Perhaps that’s trite and pessimistic but I suppose this way of thinking is more common than we tend to gather or even realize. I try to remind myself how blessed I am to have what I have.I’ve been given and for the opportunities I’ve been allowed to seize. I am altogether undeserving, and thus, so very humbled.

10 comments:

Eon Heath said...

Hey, Hi
well, truly said that when we think of the past and think of the course life would have taken if things were to have happened like we wanted it to be, we probably think that we would have been happier...
but, i guess we get what we deserve, and its for our own good that god hasn't given us the power to fulfill our wishes...

Regards,
The Silhouette...

Shriti said...

welcome back di ^_^

WritingsForLife said...

And this is one of the many reasons why I love winnie the pooh :-)

RHYTHM AND RHYME said...

Thank you for your visit and comment.
I am so very sorry about your dad, it must be still a very raw emotion for you. Words can't express how you feel as everyone copes in difference ways.

Take care.
Yvonne.

Ricademus said...

Don't scold yourself, it's human to wonder. When I find myself wondering too often, I try to remind myself that the other path may have led me to something unexpected and awful.

Blasphemous Aesthete said...

Its been a long time since you posted. Welcome back.

Sometimes, I too wonder whether to be humble or have a huge amount of proud in me. I won't explain the rationale, but more often, my mind and heart settle for the second option. The ones belonging to first, they miss things.


Happy New Year.

Cheers,
Blasphemous Aesthete

Ravindra Merthi said...

I m really dumb asking where is ur blog...little late but anyway...
PS:How to mute this IPod. Couldnt locate a close button?

Unknown said...

nice post ...sonakshi ji....!! it really meaningful ...as winnie says f ever there is a tomorrow when we’re not together, there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we’re apart, I’ll always be with you." tht is true and i mean it ....


HAPPY NEW YEAR ..i hope this year u got lot joy lot of KATTE MITHE moment.

Jai HO MaNgalmay hO

⁂ܓVållῐ ⁂ܓ☺ said...

Good Post....:)
Visit me: poetrymyfeelings.blogspot.com

funkyrave said...

Hey Sunakshi..
Read ur blog after such a long break, and read all the recent posts

Aweosme and speechless.

Keep believing,hoping and posting


God bless you :)

*★.• The moment you get attached to things you screw it up! The challenge of life is to appreciate everything and attach yourself to nothing. *★.•
This blog is my private territory.The content posted here do not represent your life or perspective- just mine.Your disagreement, irritation at any content posted over this blog doesn't give ample ground for you to post nasty,bitchy messages/comments.Furthermore I'm free to post anything i pleases to, which is not under any copyright restrictions,so you can't squeal until it's your own stuff.